Our company, throughout the course of our work, constantly faces the challenge of creating a particular software product that significantly accelerates the performance of certain works or sets of activities. Some of these developments could be applied not only within a particular project or plant, but also offered to our Clients. Below we describe the main our software products.
⇒SL-AB (SmartLogic for Allen-Bradley)
The software complex SL-AB, was developed in the creation of systems based on the Rockwell Automation products and contains a set of logic, functions and utilities that create a highly efficient mechanism for quick and easy programming of the process control system. SL-AB is a proven and reliable system, tested on dozens of large projects, which provides the ability to continuously monitor and control the process. Developed on the basis of extensive technical requirements of the largest companies, SL-AB includes the necessary components for automated programming of controllers and creation of a graphic operator interface. SL-AB provides high scalability of process control systems for process equipment. SL-AB is adapted to work with redundant systems, redundant kernel architecture is mandatory for use in systems with a security level of SIL2 and TUV Anlagentechnik GmbH certification, based on the technical requirements of the projects.
Main features of the system:
– An economical solution for creating a complex management system. Alternative systems with similar functionality are much more expensive.
– Proven stability and performance in oil and gas (production, exploration and production, processing and marketing) and chemical industries.
– Significantly shortened design period when developing the system by using a full-fledged configuration tool. Changes in the settings are distributed to the entire system in the minimum number of steps. Using a centralized system database minimizes the number of design errors in controller logic, HMI, alarms, tag descriptions, and drawings. The maintenance process is simple, inexpensive and requires minimal effort. In alternative systems, changes need to be made in several places, which increases the possibility of error.
– The rapid addition of logic and changes to user requests are easily applied to the entire system through changes in the settings.
– Automatic creation of a set of documents with all the drawings, a description of the logic and the shutdown logic is from a centralized database (the DrawingMaster module is described below).
– Initially designed with the expectation of extensibility. The system is designed and implemented in such a way that its future improvements, additions, expansions and changes will be very inexpensive.
– Easy to use, proven in a variety of projects and confirmed by positive user feedback. With full functionality of the system, users with basic PC skills can work and no special training is required.
– Full support for two languages. The language change can be performed by the operator “on the fly” and extends to graphics, navigation, alarms, system messages and descriptions.
– Simple integration interface with almost any system for various protocols. Part of the system is the module for connecting external devices.
– Part of the system is a standard reporting module. The user can also customize the template and content of the report, depending on the company’s reporting requirements, contractual obligations, etc.
– Independence from the version of the software Allen-Bradley.
– Built-in change tracking with the ability to export and archive.
Configuring and programming SL-AB is simple and does not require much time. All repetitive programming functions are minimized and reduced to simple data entry, which is linked through the application interaction mechanism with the controller. The system automatically generates the algorithm code for the task of the number and location of blocks (in the basket) of the I / O modules. The logic of the base system allows developers to achieve maximum flexibility: professionals can distribute various functionalities by simply ticking the configuration table. Changes can be made instantly, without disabling the system. The ability to modify a large number of parameters is available at the design stage, while point changes can be made directly during operation.
An important function of SL-AB is the development and testing of the cause-and-effect algorithm of emergency protection. Integration of a volumetric and complex protection algorithm can be performed within a few hours. The software provides a direct link between logical programming, graphical representation and the implementation of tripping algorithms, providing accuracy and eliminating the possibility of error.
An important task of the automated process control system is the development and subsequent maintenance of emergency notification databases to ensure synchronization with the logic of DCS and PA. Often, systems provide false or erroneous alarms due to the inherent properties and maintenance of large database of alert notifications properties. ACS systems, as a rule, have a limited message length, requiring the widespread use of abbreviations, which can lead to confusion if the normal process of operation is disrupted.
The SL-AB system solves these problems by automatically creating visual alarms up to 62 characters long on the basis of information from a centralized database, which virtually nullifies the possibility of an erroneous alert. The bilingual function is fully supported for both alerting and reporting, and changing languages can be performed in real-time directly from the operator interface.
⇒Drawing Master (drawings autocreation system)
Drawing Master is a part of the SL-AB system, but it can be distinguished as a separate product. Drawing Master creates drawings of the control panels of the DCS and drawings of the control loops in AutoCAD and PDF format for ease of use. The functionality of DrawingMaster can be compared to the integrated software ElecDec or INTools for automatic creation of control loops drawings, but it provides significant advantages for developers, being scalable for small and medium projects with integration into Allen-Bradley, Yokogawa and others systems.
⇒IMS (Integrated Managment System)
IMS (Integrated Management System) – is for enterprise automation tools.
IMS is inherently a monitoring system for the means of measuring and controlling the technological process and is a browser application connected to the SQL database.
This system could carry out a qualitatively new control over the technical means of the automated control system, including metrological support, at all stages of the enterprise’s operation, both during the commissioning process and during future operation.
When developing this system, we used our knowledge and significant experience gained in start-up and commissioning and also in the operation of the oil and gas automated process control systems. This experience allowed us to take into account many problems arising in the process of ACS operation of the enterprise related to instrumentation and other areas of automation. Instrumentation requires constant monitoring, which is very important for ensuring the continuous and safe operation of the enterprise.
Features of the system:
– Intuitive, user-friendly multi-user interface, which does not require special skills of personnel
– Flexible interface configuration
– Quick database search
– Multilanguage support
– Control access to the system, including the separation of roles and verification of changes
– Creating statistical information with graphical representation
– Generate and print summary reports for each control point
– Printing information cards of the device for identification of the device in place
– Ability to create a backup copy of the database and its fast recovery
– Possibilities of data import / export for fast making big changes to the database
⇒Virtual Plant (Process simulator)
Development and application of such a remarkable product as a virtual plant or simulator of the technological process leads to a whole new level of training of qualified personnel and as a result better control over the work of the entire facility. It is extremely important to get maximum performance with maximum reliability and security for the business. With the help of a virtual plant, it is possible not only to train personnel with the goal of improving their skills and reducing the response time to a freelance situation, but also to simulate possible changes in the technological process and much more. Below is a link on which you can learn more about virtual plant implementation systems.
Realization of a”Virtual Plant” is a very difficult task. The creation of algorithms for the technological process requires detailed study for each plant separately, it is required to take into account the design features of pipelines, equipment, process systems and much more. Our team has extensive experience in implementing these tasks.
Contact us for advice and we will be happy to give you more details in our projects.
Best Regards, PCI Services Team !